For more photos: follow these links below:
Day 1: In Iloilo Airport/Sea Port:
- 7:00 AM: At Iloilo Port/Airport, taking a metered taxi would be a very convenient way & fast to reach Tagbak Terminal, estimated fare around 200-250 pesos. (please tell the driver to take via coastal road coz it faster)
- 7:45 AM: At Tagbak Terminal, please find the orange bus HPQ Transit bound to Concepcion Town, fare is estimated at 100-150 pesos. Travel time is about 2 hours. (please take note that you need to catch up the 10AM passenger boat only trip to Tambaliza-foot of Mt. Manaphag fare is about 35 pesos one way. Other option is to charter a bangka for 1,500 pesos cruising along various islets.
- 9:45 AM: At Concepcion Town, you need to register at the Tourism office, no fees will be collected then buy your pack lunch at the market.
- 10:00 AM: The passenger bangka depart to barangay Tambaliza, estimated travel time is 1 hour.
- 11:00 AM: At barangay Tambaliza, the jump off to Mt. Manaphag. Rest for 30 minutes while waiting for a guide. Rooms available for rent at 500 pesos per fan room good for 4 persons at Barangay Kagawad's place. To those who would prefer to pitch a tent at the beachfront. You can pre-order your menu for the night, option would be "lambay/Crab and Fish for PHP 150 per kilo inclusive of cooking already.
- 11:30 AM: Start trek-ascending to Mt. Manaphag- light pack with trail foods, water and camera-dont forget. Clothing: must be long sleeves, a thorny trail because of the presence of so much wild rattan on the trail.
- 02:30 PM: At Mt. Manaphag Peak including rest and picture taking along the trail.
- 03:30 PM: Start descending, one stopover to taste thier fresh buko at the shoulder of Mt. Manaphag. You have the option to see a real eagle in one of the barangay during your decend. Then a coastal trek back to barangay Tambaliza.
- 05:00 PM: Back to camp.
- 07:00 PM: Socials at the beach front. Lights off at 9:00 pm.
- 06:30 AM: Breakfast, you can cook or you can order from the small resort, they charge very cheap price (Lutong bahay) owned by a Councelor of Tambaliza.
- 07:30 AM: Break camp and start island hopping. Bangka is available for charter for Php1,500 pesos good for 10 to 15 persons.
- 08:30 AM: First stop, Agho Islet
- 09:30 AM: Second stop, The Sand Bar
- 11:00 AM: Back at Concepcion town for lunch.
- 12:00 NN: Heading back to Iloilo City via HPQ bus.